Wednesday, March 22, 2017

first month

It’s been almost a month now. 

Am I living the dream?

I have to say yes, I am. But it is a strange dream, not the kind where everything is nice, easy and comfortable all the time. That would be boring. 

my favourite place to go for a walk, it's only ~15 minutes by foot from the guesthouse


I’m making my teenage fantasies come true. 

I remember being a confused & depressed 15-year old who got so much into listening to music, probably because it could serve so well as an escape from everyday reality. Icelandic music resonated with me back then, apart from Björk I used to be a heavy listener of Sigur Rós and múm (and I wasn't the only one, it’s interesting how a lot of Polish teenagers were super into bands from Iceland). 

I dreamed that one day I could visit this magical land. It seemed like such a far-fetched idea back then, the flights were extremely expensive and it felt so unattainable, remote, located on the other side of the world.

Then I forgot about those dreams for many years, Iceland was no longer priority on the list of places I wanted to travel to. 


Yet somehow I ended up here.


No comments:

Post a Comment